Leechpool Primary School Travel Committee
A group has been formed to look at travel safety issues at and around Leechpool School. The group is made up of parents, a governor and the School Business Manager as the chair. The main focus of the group is:-
* To develop and update the Leechpool Travel Plan
* To maintain a Bronze level for the Leechpool Travel Plan in the Modeshift Stars Campaign
* To look at ways of improving the travel safety outside the school
* To encourage parents and other users of the school to park and travel safety to and from
* To look at travel and safety incidents and seek solutions
* To liaise with the local authority over improvements to highways
* To maintain relationships with neighbours
* To encourage children to walk to school
The group meets half termly, when possible, and sends out newsletters when necessary.
* Liaising with WSCC to construct two safe crossing areas. This is currently out for consultation.
* To train and run a parent led lollipop crossing
* To set up an e-mail address to log incidents
* To look at signage out side school gate and improve if necessary. Completed July 2017
* Looking at improving the scooter/bike permits and use On-going
Parking is an everyday problem for all schools and their neighbours so Leechpool is not alone in this. Many of our parents are considerate and park away from the school or walk and the Travel Plan Team thank them for this.
The persistent offenders park in the school entrance, on the yellow zigzags, across our neighbours drives and on the drop curb corners which is not only inconsiderate but in some cases a traffic offence.
West Sussex has a website where these persistent offenders can be reported. Please use the link below to help remove these problems from our School.
Travel Safety Newsletters
Current developments being considered for Leechpool School Entrance December 2017
Park and Stride
Please click the link below to go to the Park and Stride page. This will show you two places where it is safe to park and walk to school.