Dear Parents and Carers,
Welcome to the School Council page which tells you what we do and why we do it.
We help to improve the school by:
- Deciding which charities we will support and raise money for.
- Write our own School Evaluation Form and Development Plan.
- Ensure that there is a strong pupil voice.
School Council members should be prepared to miss their lunch break. We meet on a Thursday at 12.30 p.m. We listen to everyone’s idea and we care for each other.
As School Council one of our responsibilities is to plan different events. During the year we have planned the following: -
- Organised and collected food donations for the Horsham Food Bank as part of our Harvest celebrations.
- Run stalls at the Christmas, May Fayre and Leechfest.
- Sold poppies on behalf of the British Legion.
We hope that we can really make a difference by supporting these charities.
- British Legion
- Chestnut Tree House
- Children in Need
- Comic Relief
- Horsham Food Bank
- Winston’s Wish
- and our School – LEAF
Thank you for reading our School Council page, keep looking for more information about what we do!
A good School Councillor is ……..
- a good listener
- prepared to miss some of their lunch break
- willing to share their good ideas
- able to feedback to their class
- helpful – they help the school to get even better
- responsible – they help the school to be happy and safe
Our School Council is made of up to 32 councillors.