- Children develop and apply fundamental movements within every lesson.
- Children are active throughout each PE lesson.
- Children are at the forefront and have impact on their learning within lessons and through pupil voice.
- Staff have a clear understanding of the National Curriculum, through regular CPD, the use of our internal sports coach and whole school curriculum maps.
- Learning is supported and enhanced through a range of curriculum sporting activities e.g. Rugby, football, tennis, gymnastics, athletics, outdoor and adventurous activities
- EYFS lay strong foundation focusing on fundamental movements, fine and gross motor skills.
- Learning is differentiated to support the needs of every child.
- Swimming and water safety is taught throughout KS2 and extra opportunities are taken to continue to improve 25m swimming percentage
- Sports Premium Funding is spent effectively to develop a lasting legacy for PE & Sport at school.
- Children can evaluate and improve their own performances
- Subject expertise, through regular CPD & Twilight sessions (for individuals, the subject leader and whole staff) ensures that Physical Education is taught effectively
- Teachers use the HSP PE Planning documents to support them in their planning. These documents are supported by school planning which is progressive, coherent and apply fundamental movement skills which are year group appropriate.
- Formative Assessment is embedded through regular interventions in class.
- Subject achievement is displayed in the hall to celebrate success. This is also shared on social media.
- Children are given wider opportunities to build character and embed values through regular teamwork activities, competitive sport and Sports Day.
- Sports Premium Funding is used to increase physical competency of staff and children and also provides staff with resources and high-quality equipment
- Children are provided with their full entitlement to Physical Education and teachers ensure that no interventions take place during this time
- Regular action plans, governor reports and pupil voice (sports council) continue to monitor and improve Physical Education.
- Top up swimming offered using School sports premium in order to help children swim 25m.
- Demonstrate evidence of children work through videos, Seesaw, photos, summative assessments half termly.
- Regular verbal feedback is given within lessons to praise and ensure children are apply the correct technique.
- Children become stewards of their own learning and support peers to continue to improve and excel. Class teacher ensure this through Teaching and Learning
- Understand the impact of Physical activity on their own body (linked to Science topic).
- Through the Physical Education Action Plan and Governors’ Reports, pupil voice and Sports Partnership Steering group meetings, regular reviews can be made to explore the impact of any improvement initiatives.
- Measurable impact of swimming through high (90% or above) swimming percentage over 25m.