Below is the overview of the science curriculum at Leechpool.
The above overview will be implemented by the development of the progression of skills in science illustrated below.
Children enjoy and are enthusiastic about science in our school.
- There is a clear progression of children’s work and teachers’ expectations in our school.
- Children’s work shows a range of topics and evidence of the curriculum coverage for all science topics.
- Children are becoming increasingly independent in science, selecting their own tools and materials, completing pupil lead investigations and choosing their own strategies for recording.
- Feedback from teachers has impact on our pupils, often with next step questions to push learning on.
- Standards in science at the end of the key stages are good and issues arising are addressed effectively in school.
- Teachers’ judgements are moderated internally and externally at Science cluster meetings.
- Our SLT and governors are kept up to date with developments in the way science is run in our school with subject reports, action plans and review meetings.
For further information about science, click here.